Ajodhya Hills is a small plateau in the Purulia district of the state West-Bengal, India. It is on the easternmost tip of the Chhotanagpur Plateau and extension of Eastern Ghats. Chamtaburu (712 m) is the highest peak of Ajodhya hill. Bagmundi is a nearby populated town.
Ajodhya hill is famous for introductory courses in rock climbing. You can reach Ajodhya hills. There are three routes available to Jhalda, via Sirkabad and Baghmundi. Two Forest Rest Houses, one at Ajodhya hilltop and the other is at Matha range officeTourists.Low-cost Other accommodation facilities are also available in Ajodhya Hilltop and Bagmundi. There are a few Eco-resorts too; Contact us www.priyatravels.in for further details and booking of eco-resorts likeGorgaburu Eco-resort, Palash Bitan Jungle Hut at Murguma, and Eco-Adventure Resort at Khairabera. Gorgaburu. Chamtaburu is also the highest peak of southern West Bengal.
The area around Baghmundi is an extended plateau of Chota Nagpur Plateau.
Bamni Falls is a famous fall in this region.
People believe in Hindu mythology says: During the exile of Rama and Sita, they had come to Ajodhya Hills and stayed for a while. Once Sita was thirsty, and Ram pierced an arrow to bring out water from the earth. Sita quenched her thirst. On every full moon day in Baisakh tribals of nearby areas come and join in the game of hunting wild animals.
Places to Visit based on Balarampur-Bagmundi Route in this region km from Bagmundi
- Ajodhya Hill Top:42 Km from Balarampur Rly. Station via Matha, and 24 Km from Matha Forest Range Office. About 5 Hotels, Resorts, and Lodges are there on the hilltop.
- Matha Forest Rest House: This is also the central place to spend the night it is 18 Km from Balarampur Rly. Station and 10 Kms from Bagmundi.
- Bagmundi: It is 28 Km from Balarampur Railway Station.
- Turga Dam and Turga Falls: 30 Km from Balarampur Railway Station and 2 Km from Bagmundi.
- Upper Dam and Lower Dam of Hydel Power Project: It is 36 Km from Balarampur Rly. Station. 18 Km from Matha. 10 Km from Bagmundi
Apart from the above Paprakocha Dam, Gorgaburu Eco resort, Khayrabera Dam and Chamtaburu Hills are places of interest.
In the rainy season, Machkanda Falls and Bamni Falls of the surrounding Forest in hills may attract Tourists.
Upon reach at Barabhum railway station / Purulia Railway Junction, you would meet our tour guide/driver and proceed for breakfast. After having breakfast, move for a sightseeing tour witnessing Ajodhya hilltop, Bamni Falls, PPSP Upper Dam, PPSPLower Dam, Kesto Bazar Dam, Loharia Temple, and continue for Lunch.
Later in the day, move for a sightseeing visit of the Ajodhya range covering Charida Village, Pakhi Pahar, Matha Forest.
Later in the evening, move to the Hotel enjoys dinner and night stay at Hotel.
After having breakfast go for a sightseeing visit witnessing Turga Falls, Bamni Falls, Blue Lake(Echo Point), Mayur Pahar and continue for Lunch.
Later go for a sightseeing tour of the Ajodhya range covering Murguma Dam, Deulghata Temple.
After that, in the evening, head to Hotel to enjoy dinner and a night stay in Hotel.
Post breakfast, check out from the Hotel, go for a sightseeing tour witnessing Muraddi Dam(Baranti), Panchet Dam, Garhpanchakot, and move for Lunch.
Later go for a sightseeing tour of the Raghunathpur range covering Joychandi Pahar,
Later in the evening, Drop at Railway Station. (End Tour)
- After confirmation of any Package request: 50% of tour package cost required immediately to book all the respective services.
- 07 days prior to arrival date: 100% of tour package cost required.
- All payments must be notified by e-mail format only with attached transaction details.
- Payment terms are subject to change at the time of booking as per Hotel Policy and High Season.
- We will not entertain any credit facility.
- All cancellations must be made in e-mail format only.
- Any cancellation at 45 Days prior to arrival date – No charge
- Any cancellation between 45 Days – 30 Days prior to arrival date: 25% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 30 Days – 15 Days prior to arrival date: 50% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 15 Days – 10 Days prior to arrival date: 75% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 Days: 100% of tour fare charge.