Chandipur beach in Balasore district is the only beach in eastern India where the sea recedes up to five km daily at low tide and returns during high tide, offering a truly unique sight. Adding to the beauty are the casuarina trees dotting the area. When the tide returns, fishers rush to collect the small fishes that the waves leave behind at the shore. The beach is replete with small red crabs that emerge from tiny holes on the sea bed and rush towards the vanishing water during low tide. It is equally captivating to watch the sunrise and sunset at the beach. Touted as one of the finest beaches of Odisha, Chandipur is just 16 km east of Balasore and easily accessible by road. A visit to the beach is not complete without a stroll on the dry sea bed with a packet of jhalmuri and coconut water in hand. After reaching Balasore, visitors cab hire an auto-rickshaw or taxi to reach Chandipur. There are plenty of accommodations near the beach. The Tourism Department of Odisha has a Pantha Nivas. Other places of interest like Remuna, Panchalingeswar, Aradi, and Chandaneswar also lie close by.
DAY 1: KOLKATA TO BALASORE
Pick up from Balasore Railway station. Check-in Hotel. Sightseeing places: EmamiJagannath temple, KhirachoraGopinath Shrine etc. Night stay at Chandipur.
DAY 2: BALASORE
After breakfast, visit Devkund Waterfalls, Panchalinegeswar, NilgiriJagannathMandir and other places. Back to the hotel. Night stay at Chandipur.
DAY3: BALASORE TO KOLKATA
After breakfast, check out the hotel, drop at a railway station.
- After confirmation of any Package request: 50% of tour package cost required immediately to book all the respective services.
- 07 days prior to arrival date: 100% of tour package cost required.
- All payments must be notified by e-mail format only with attached transaction details.
- Payment terms are subject to change at the time of booking as per Hotel Policy and High Season.
- We will not entertain any credit facility.
- All cancellations must be made in e-mail format only.
- Any cancellation at 45 Days prior to arrival date – No charge
- Any cancellation between 45 Days – 30 Days prior to arrival date: 25% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 30 Days – 15 Days prior to arrival date: 50% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 15 Days – 10 Days prior to arrival date: 75% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 Days: 100% of tour fare charge.