Please fill up the simple form – our specialist will call you and provide you the best travel solutions.
Digha is an extreme Southwest Bengal bordering Orissa 200 kilometre from Kolkata. It is one of the most famous sea beach destination in West Bengal.
How to reach:
Digha is a well-connected sea beach destination from Kolkata. It takes near about 4 to 5 hours to reach by bus. Majorly buses start from Kolkata-Esplanade bus stand for this destination. Frequently buses fly from different bus depots of Kolkata to Digha from Howrah station to Digha, many non-ac and few ac buses go here often.
You can also go by train. Daily some trains run in between Howrah and Digha. Few more trains have started from other stations. For more information about trains, visit www.indianrail.gov.in.
Tourist can also go here on their own via road. Cross Vidyasagar Setu and take Kona expressway up to Kolaghat and then turn left up to Nandkumarand from here take state highway up to Digha crossing Contai and Ramnagar.
One can do the local sightseeing by readily available Electric-Rickshaw. You can reserve this unique mode of transportation for visiting nearby places. You can also cover other beaches like Mandarmoni, Shankarpur by car.
Places of Interests:
1. New Digha Beach: There are two beaches at here Old Sea beach and the latest in New Digha Beach. New Beach is about two kilometres far from Old beach and is a beautiful swallow sand beach.
2. Amravati Park: Amravati Park is in New Digha and is famous for its greenery. This park is open for tours st from 10 am to 6 pm every day.
3. Science Center Park: Though small compared to other Science theme parks, it is a perfect theme park in Digha. This Science park has many scientific gadgets which enthral science lovers. Children will enjoy this park.
4. Marine Aquarium and Regional Centre: Marine Aquarium is on State Highway number 57. Every day from Monday to Saturday, it operates from 09:30 am to 6:00 pm. Local specimens are kept here but possibly this one of the well equipped marine aquaria in India.
5. Shankarpur Beach: Shankarpur is 14 km from Digha.
6. Talasari Beach: In local dialect, Talasari means rows of Palms. This beach is 8 kilometre from here and is in the State of Orissa. During high tide, you can reach the main beach with the help of a boat; other times, you can walk across the dry riverbed, But when there is no tide, you.
- Can walk across the dry riverbed. The waters at Talsari beach are not turbulent but calm and peaceful.
- Talasari is one of the less-visited beaches in Odisha.
The acclaimed temple and Chadak festival is very famous here
7. Chandaneswar Temple: This temple is not in Digha but is few kilometres inside Odisha. Chandaneshwar is You can go Horse riding, Sun Bathing at here. Swimming can also be done in New Digha beach off late Old beach is no safer for taking Dip in Sea.
- Cashew nuts: There is a cashew nut farm in Digha, so varieties of cashew nuts are available.
- Digha Mohana Fish Market: Buy fresh fish here
- Handwoven mats: It made of hemp. These mats are called Madur in Bengali, and the colourful Madurs of Midnapur District are famous.
- Jewellery: It made with Hyderabadi Pearls.
DAY 1: Welcome to the Beach of Digha, situated in East Midnapore.
A private AC Sedan will take you from Kolkata to Digha. The Digha 2 nights three-day tour package starts with a visit to Amaravati Park, situated less than a kilometre away from New Digha Beach. A visit to this park is like a tranquil getaway after the tiring journey from Kolkata to Digha. You’ll be taken to a hotel for check-in; after that, you can explore the city on your own.
DAY 2: The beautiful beaches and temples waiting for you.
On the second day of the beautiful journey, you will get an opportunity to soak yourself in unexplored ‘virgin sea beach’. After visiting Udaipur Beach, you’ll be taken to the must-visit attractions of Digha, the Marine Aquarium and regional centre, Amravati Park, Digha science centre park, Shankarpur Beach (14kms from Digha), Talasari Beach (8kms from Digha). The last to visit would be the Chandaneswar Temple which is a very famous Shiva temple in the Balasore district of Orissa. In the evening of the day, you can explore the city, if you wish to.
DAY 3: Here we come to the end of this beautiful journey.
Post breakfast at the hotel, a private AC sedan will take you back to Kolkata.
- After confirmation of any Package request: 50% of tour package cost required immediately to book all the respective services.
- 07 days prior to arrival date: 100% of tour package cost required.
- All payments must be notified by e-mail format only with attached transaction details.
- Payment terms are subject to change at the time of booking as per Hotel Policy and High Season.
- We will not entertain any credit facility.
- All cancellations must be made in e-mail format only.
- Any cancellation at 45 Days prior to arrival date – No charge
- Any cancellation between 45 Days – 30 Days prior to arrival date: 25% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 30 Days – 15 Days prior to arrival date: 50% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 15 Days – 10 Days prior to arrival date: 75% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 Days: 100% of tour fare charge.