Gopalpur-on-sea is a beach in the Ganjam district of Odisha. Once a busy seaport, it is a quiet place. The din and bustle of the old temple towns are missing, and you can hear from the hotel room the roar of the waves and the breeze coming amidst the high palm trees. Every year With an increase in tourists’ inflow, Gopalpur-on-Sea enjoyed a slow revival and is today one of the foremost beach destinations in India.
How to Reach:
Bhubaneswar is the nearest airport to Gopalpur, which is 180 kilometre and the nearest railway station is Brahmapur 16 km far, which is on the main railway route connecting to all prominent places in India. For more information on railway timing, please visit www.inidanrail.gov.in.One can drive into Gopalpur-on-sea from Brahmapur on National Highway 5.
For local sightseeing and other needs, one can get plenty of Auto rickshaw and Cycle rickshaw. Tourist taxis and buses are also available.
As you know, Gopalpur beach faces eastward; sunrises are spectacular.
Nearby there stands an alone lighthouse which adds beauty to the scenery of the beach.
There is crumbling walls and pillars of the jetty.
This beach city is ideal for unwinding yourself. There is nothing much to do here.
The Light House on the beach, made in 1965, offers a spectacular full 360-degree view of a portion of chilka lake and Gopalpur; the Visiting time is 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm IST daily. Please note that the lighthouse closes sharp at 5.30 pm. Nominal entry fees charged for entry. When visiting, avoid carrying bags and umbrellas as they are not allowed atop the Light House.
There is always something to buy at any tourist destination, and Gopalpur is no exception to it if you are so keen. Odisha is famous for hand-woven saris and handicrafts.
Various kind of sea fishes rode side delicious fast food items, including Gupchup, Guguni chat, Soup, Role, Pokoda are available.
Day 1: Berhampur – Gopalpur
Arrival at Berhampur Rly. Stn. Drive to Gopalpur ( 180 Km). It is an offbeat destination for relaxation. After Breakfast, drive to Gopalpur. Gopalpur beach is famous for its most picturesque seashores and gusty cold breeze all the time. The calmness of the beach is contagious hat it soothes the senses. Many people come to this beach for improvement of health.O/n Stay in Hotel at Gopalpur. Visit an old lighthouse situated on the beach made by Britishers, which provides a 360-degree view of Gopalpur. Also, you can visit the fisherman village nearby.
Day 2: Gopalpur – Daringbadi ( 140 km)+ 30 Km (in and around)
Morning drive to Daringbadi. Enjoy the pine forest scenic views, Hill viewpoint, Butterfly park, Coffee garden, Midiobandha waterfall, Dadubadu Lover’s point, and Emu Bird. O/n at Hotel.
Day 3 : Daringbadi – Depature to Berhampur Rly. Stn.(125sKm)
Intime pick up from hotel drop at Berhampur Rly.Stn.
- After confirmation of any Package request: 50% of tour package cost required immediately to book all the respective services.
- 07 days prior to arrival date: 100% of tour package cost required.
- All payments must be notified by e-mail format only with attached transaction details.
- Payment terms are subject to change at the time of booking as per Hotel Policy and High Season.
- We will not entertain any credit facility.
- All cancellations must be made in e-mail format only.
- Any cancellation at 45 Days prior to arrival date – No charge
- Any cancellation between 45 Days – 30 Days prior to arrival date: 25% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 30 Days – 15 Days prior to arrival date: 50% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 15 Days – 10 Days prior to arrival date: 75% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation less than 10 Days: 100% of tour fare charge.